Thursday, September 21, 2006

Another reason why fine print sucks.

For the longest time, I carried with me the excitement of Apple's new upcoming iTalk or iPhone mobile phone. There was news that it's going to hit the market in summer 2007. And that made perfect sense, given that something that'd carry Apple's momentum forward is long due. So, I convinced Monica to hold on to her current paperweight, which doubles as her cellphone, until the new apple phone comes out. So, that has saved me some immediate expense. I also held on to my Apple stock (almost invested in some more), which went up 15% in the past few days. Then I dumped my PC and climbed onto the Apple train with my first iMac - I was finally a believer.

Eager to spill my excitement and flood the world with it, I launched into an enthusastic conversation about the iTalk with Brian, who instantly denied any knowledge of it. Now, when Brian says something about Apple, Steve Jobs stops to listen, so I frantically searched the net to find the commercial that had started it all. It didn't take long for my dreams to come crashing on me - there's something about having worked in the IT industry for so long, that you begin to have an extrasensory perception of everything on your computer screen including the hidden message in the search results. The message was clear - the iTalk was nothing but the figment of someone's imagination.

I finally found the teaser I had seen long ago. Found it on (where else) Google Video - here it is for everybody to see and read the fine (or, in tech terms, pixelated) print at the beginning. For me, even if it's a dream, it's a darn sexy one - and it's worth living for.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. To add to the 'fine print' you may want to listen to the words in the video clip.

Do you believe
In what you see?
Motion is sweet.
Nothing is real.
Wasting my time,
In a waiting line
Do you believe
In what you see?

September 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home